Very sad at the moment....lost lots of my sons pictures.

I feel so stupid and helpless righ now. I forgot my camera card in the machine at wal mart. I called and they don't have it. My son is 7 months old and I lost EVERY pic of the past 2 months of his life. I feel sick to my stomach aver it. I know a lot worse things could happen but I am a huge memory person. I can't stop crying. Would you be this upset or do you think it's my pregnancy hormones?

Wasn't sure where to post this....

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 5:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes I would be upset!!! I am the same why that you are. I deeply cherish my pictures and I had a camera card go missing for 5 months. I was so upset about it and I was so lucky that it turned up. I was THRILLED. If it was in the machine at walmart were you getting them developed or what? I'm so sorry =( I truly feel for you. Keep checking.. maybe it will turn up!!! I hope so =( Get a new card and start taking pics right away to make up for the ones that you lost!
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 5:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would be upset also, I am a huge memory person. It might turn up, but it might not. I'm not sure what to say to make you feel better bc it is upsetting. I'm sorry this happened. I bought a cord that goes straight from the camera to my computer so I don't have to use those machines...I almost lost a card in there myself...and then once a card is full, I put it in a bag that I keep in my safe. That way I have them all on my computer and then on memory cards in the safe so they're double backed up and safe from fire...I've thought a lot about this lol. 2 months is a lot to you now but it's such a small sliver in an entire life. Try not to stress too much over it. Maybe try to remember some of the more special moments you captured on camera and then write them down so you can tell your son about them later...or if you scrapbook...you can devote a spread to the photos that were lost...kwim? Come to think of it...continued
    Karinza

Answer by Karinza at 9:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Come to think of it, I have lost photos before. When my husband and I eloped, I had an entire memory card filled with photos and videos, and it was full, so I was going to download it to my laptop when we got to the next hotel (it was a cross country trip). We were driving somewhere on the west coast and we saw a lamborghini and some other expensive car, and my hubs grabbed the camera bc he's never seen one before it real life, and he asked if he could delete some photos so he could take a video. I said yes, but on the camera we had, when you hit delete it asks you if you would like to delete this photo or all photos. He was in such a hurry that he accidentally DELETED ALL OF THE PHOTOS. From our wedding and honeymoon and everything. I was so upset! I cried, he felt like shit. So I kind of know how you feel, but I'm sure losing your son's photos is more upsetting, but again, 2 months is nothing, so try not to beat yourself up.
    Karinza

Answer by Karinza at 9:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Back in the days of film cameras- not that long ago, DS is only 16 yo- anyway I lost an entire roll of film that included a birthday because it got stuck in the camera, wouldn't rewind, then made the noise like it did, and when I tried to get it out I found that it actually did not rewind and the whole thing was exposed to the light! Another time I "took" an entire roll of 36 pics only to find later that the film never caught to start and there were no pictures on it at all! It is very sad to not have the pics, but in the long run you have the memories, and it is not the end of the world.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would be sad--at first. The first two days of DDs life were completely GONE thanks for Walmart photo developing. They over exposed the pics and never returned my film. I complained and complained, but they wouldn't fix it. I was FURIOUS.

Then I started joking. I said I was going to rent a hospital room, cover DD in cream cheese, and take pictures to recreate the after birth scenes. It took me a few weeks to get over it, but now she's two, and I have SO many other pictures (plus, as always, my memories) :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I dont have pics of my daughter's birth and it always upsets me to this day. But not as much. Hugs.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Ask the photo people if you can put a sign on the machine to contact you if someone finds it.
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Ugh, yes, I'd be upset. I've lost digital pictures too, several years worth.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2009