I am getting back on birth control so what are good ones?

To start off I cannot use a nuva ring or that would be my choice. I was on the depo shot for almost 2 years then got off of it. I was thinking the pill but there are several different types so I am not sure what to ask for and also I have problems remembering to take it so any tips on that would be nice too. If I can't find something I suppose I will go on depo again but the effects of getting off of it were horrible for me. So..can anyone help?

Mandy_B.

Asked by Mandy_B. at 5:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Health

• I AM ON YAZ (GENERIC BECAUSE OF MY INSURANCE BUT.. SAME THING) I THINK ITS WORKING WELL FOR ME IT KEEPS MY CYCLE REGULAR AND HEY.. HAVEN'T ENDED UP PREGNANT THANK YOU!!!

AND AS FAR AS SUGGESTIONS ON TRYING TO REMEMBER I WAS BAD AT THEM TOO. I STARTED LEAVING THEM IN MY CAR AND EVERY DAY I GO TO WORK I TAKE IT THEN. CONSIDERING I DRIVE NEARLY EVERY DAY THE CONSOLE IN MY CAR IS NEAR THE STEREO SO I SEE IT. THAT WORKS FOR ME. GL
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 6:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2009