Should I stay with the babys father?

Im 29 weeks pregnant. The father of the baby is 33 years old and I am 26. For the last 5 months I have let the father live with me and my parents pay the bill. I share my food with him, and give him what little money I have to keep him happy (beer).
I let him go out with his friends even though Im never invited and I know he lies to me about what he is doing. Out of the whole year ive been with him i have yet to recieve a present or get a date. I have told him to leave befor (like 3 times) but I guess he dosent understand what 'leave' means. He just got a job last week but i am expected to pick him up and take him to work, and sometimes bring his friends home from work too. He owes my parents alot of money- but i dont think he will pay it back if i kick him out. Im trying to make this work for my baby, because i think knowing his father is important. Is it this important? I know Im doing something wrong, but what is i

AFayard

Asked by AFayard at 6:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• cut him loose. You dont need two kids to raise. And when the baby is here and things get stressful you'll prob be seeing even less of him. Its not fair that hes out doing his on thing on a free pass. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Let him go. You deserve respect and the important thing is that your child sees a man who respects you. If not then you arent giving that baby a good father and it will be detrimental to the child. You can model a healthy relationship by being good to yourself and that includes knowing when a relationship isnt healthy. That is what your sweet baby needs most. Be strong and if you need a shoulder... pm me.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Bigger Q , why are you even with this loser? He's disrespecting you & your family, let him go with his buddies.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 9:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• He sounds a lot like my sons father. Luckily he went to prison when my son was 6 months old so i finally got a spine and was able to move on. I think you need to let him go, it isn't going to help when the baby get's here it will just make things worse. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• get rid of him now....find a real man.....i stayed with my first sons father far too long just for the child and to this day my son says he's happier now that we're divorced. the father will either be a father to your child or he wont, regardless if you guys are together. there IS a man out there who will be wonderful to you and your child and you'll never find him if you dont get rid of the loser you've got now
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I am going from the original question, should you stay. If you do not mind the things that are mentioned in your post, the things he is doing to you and the things that you are doing to keep this relationship afloat then yes stay. But if the things that you are doing are stretching you thin and give you pause as to whether you should stay or if things will change then, yes you should go. There is a good chance that nothing is going to change because you have already cosigned to the things you have listed you have not inserted what you want or expect and you have even contributed to the actions that you don't agree with.

Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 3:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2009