What do you think of people who use really poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation in everything they write no matter the subject matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If I can understand it then i dont really care. I know that when Im really into what im writing I dont proofread and mispell a lot. I dont like when anon know it all posters have bad spelling/grammer because it makes them look even more trashy lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think not every one is perfect. I know i have very BAD grammar. Does that make me a stupid person? No i do not think so it just tells you i did not pay attention in English class LOL so boring. Now history class what the best i love to learn about the past.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 6:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It might just mean it wasn't their strong area in school. It really only matters on job applications, essays to get into colleges, etc. On here, posting and journals are mostly for fun and interaction so it's not a big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• USUALLY when someone makes chronic mistakes in spelling, grammar and punctuation, the responses are not well thought out, naive, or just plain silly!

I think if you received a traditional public school education, you are more conscientious of these things, and the occasional misspelling is obviously not intentional. Unfortunately, if you grew up in the "text" generation, along with today's "dumbed-down" public school educational standards, you're pretty much doomed!

I was taught that your writing skills are a reflection of your speaking skills. So, if you have poor writing skills (as in, you really don't understand what is wrong with how you speak or write), then you likely have poor speaking skills, which is often interpreted as having received a poor education, or being a poor student, which may affect your future employment.

In this fast-paced world, few people get a second chance to make a good first impression!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I really don't let things like that bother me.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• The only thing that bothers me is a lack of punctuation. It is difficult to read a post with no periods. It bugs me when someone has an interesting post and it takes me five minutes to read it because it is just one big, long, run-on sentence. I hate having to sort through sentence by sentence to determine what is being said. Periods and commas are necessary.
    Shanni928

Answer by Shanni928 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think it's sad. And I'm even more disappointed in the responses here from all the moms who think it doesn't matter. People love to complain about the economy and the state of our country. But at the same time they think it's OK when adults can't express themselves in writing correctly. If the US is going to stay a leader in the world, our citizens should have basic spelling and grammarskills. It's really an embarrassment that so many don't.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• We are here to help each other not mock each other. So regardless of grammar and spelling, it is question and answer not correct and trash.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• What do you think of people who use really poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation in everything they write no matter the subject matter ?

I think people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
    See where YOU went wrong in phrasing your question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• We have so many uneducated people in the USA. Most of the time it's not their fault. They most likely were raised by alcoholics, drug addicts, ingnorant parents, too poor to go to school, etc.. I look at it, if we're God's children how would He judge or would He? I'm certain not all of Jesus's followers in the new testament worried about their grammer. I also don't judge those who have a problem with bad grammer, etc. If we're happy, why let the unfortunate challenges as a child take that away due to bad grammar!.
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 8:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2009