How can I get my 16 month old to eat more?

She used to be a really good eater, not picky or anything but now she wont even touch her food. I limit what she has inbetween meals to see if she will eat more but still nothing! Any suggestions?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Unfortunately this is an issue at this age I've gone through it twice and heading for a third plus I am dealing with it from a child I watch. The best and most effective advise I was given is to minimize snacking and if the child refuses a meal every time they are hungry reintroduce that meal. Meaning of course keep it refrigerated and reheat every time child is hungry until you are satisfied with the amount eaten or until food is spoiled. It sounds cruel but don't worry the child WILL NOT starve itself if they become hungry they will eat what you give them as long as that is their only choice. After a few times of this my kids always ate what was put in front of them with out question or picky eating and I haven't had an issue since. Another method I heard which didn't work greatly with me was if you know a particular food your child dislikes hide it in something they like. Good luck I hope this stage passes quickly for you.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2009