Should i let my 5 yr old son get his ear periced?

My son wants his ear periced like daddy! Idk if i wanna let him get it done! What do u ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would its not that big of a deal.....
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't let my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Nope.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i would let him.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• mmmm...no, i wouldnt
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think if his dad has it done and it's ok with both of you then why not. If your worried about what other people will think just tell them why you did it. It's hard to explain to a 5 yr old why their dad can have one but he can't. I don't see anything wrong with it. If my son asked me to do it because he wants one like daddy i would let him.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think the fad is a little long gone and a five year old won't think about that and just wanna be like daddy. Personally I wouldn't but I think either choice is okay.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Not a chance in hell but I don't agree with piercing children at all until they're old enough to make that sort of decision for themselves. It's in the same category as tattoos and circumcision for me; wholly unnecessary and not the sort of thing we should inflict on someone else without their permission and 5 is far too young to make that sort of decision.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would say to wait until he is 13yrs old. This is the age when they should be given a little more freedom in how they dress, etc, because this is the age recognized as the beginning of becoming a man/woman. Right now he is too young to take care of it himself, and seriously, it isn't always fun being the odd man out at school. Then again, you could always just take it out if he decided he didn't like it. I personally wouldn't do it at that young of an age, but that is just my opinion. Does Daddy have tattoos? I would explain that that is something you wait until you are an adult to get.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't do it, but it's not that big of a deal. If you all want to let him get his ear pierced then do it! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2009