What do you think about circumcisions?

i put this in Just for Fun because i already have my sons circumcision done, and if we have another boy he will get one also. Thats just how we feel on it. I don't want this question to start fights, lets be mature women about it. I just want to know if it's the "norm" to NOT get circumcisions now. My husband and i feel it is better for ours sons to have one, I just wanted to see the different opinions. PLEASE DO NOT BASH ME OR OTHER WOMEN, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We had our son's done. It's what my husband wanted. I think it's pretty normal for a circumsized father to want a cicumsized son and an uncircumsized father to want an uncircumsized son. It's his mini-me, ya' know? My husband wanted his son to be circumsized and I agreed, had he said he wanted him to not be circumsized for such and such reason had he had any problems with his, which he doesn't obviously, then I would've totally agreed to that too. I too think that that is one thing that is more up to the father than the mother. I mean, I make 90% of the decisions (with his agreeance, of course) when it comes to the kids, so for him to make that one with my agreeance was more than fine.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I had my son circumsized. I came close to not having it done, but it is what my LH wanted and after asking several men with it done, that is what I decided to do. To further complicate things, when the surgeon went to do it it was discovered that my son had hypospadius. He actually needed to be circumsized because they use the foreskin to repair the abnormal opening in the end of his penis. He didn't have the surgery until he was 6 months old and until then I had nothing but problems with it. It was hard to keep clean and the skin was constantly wanting to adhere to the head of his penis. I freaked out one day because I saw this white "spot" near the end of his penis, took him to the doc and she said it was "smegma" and had to work it out. Google that word if you want to see some fairly disgusting pictures, lol.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I do not agree with RIC for my boys.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• "Smegma" is normal, women get it as well. It's just the body's way of cleaning itself. I don't believe in circumcision without a medical reason or it being HIS choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• We chose to have it done, and we are glad we did!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If I had a son, he wouldn't be circumcised.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I know smegma is normal, now, lol, but I had never heard of it before and it was a little shocking to see those pictures when you have no clue. Googling it pulled up only about ten thousand porn fetish sites, not exactly what I was expecting to see, lol! I err on the side of letting the father have the majority vote on that one. He knows what it's like to be standing in the locker room and it was explained to me that DS might question one day why he didn't look like all of the other boys. Again, it was what my LH wanted. Not a "dying wish" but since it is what would've occured had he been alive, I felt comfortable having it done. Really, had I been against it I would've have had much of a choice because of the hypospadias anyway.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If this baby is a boy he will be circumcised, end of story really.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• All 3 of my boys are circ. They got it done when they were 2 days old! Uncirc penis can get really bad infections if not cleaned right yes i know circ penis can get infections too but it happens more with an uncirc penis! My mother didnt get my brother circ til he was 6 an he is now 28 an he still remembers how bad the pain was! Because the older u are the more it hurts! Plus imo an uncirc penis looks really funny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If I had boys I would have it done. My kids my business.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 9:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2009