would u be comfortable leaving your baby in a house with 3 huge dogs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you have pets? I prob wouldnt just because dog lovers usually dont care if the dog licks the kids (it's kissing) lol. Are the dogs used to kids? I am usually cautious about dogs. My daughter got bit from her grandparents dog. She walked up to the dog and he bit her for being near him. I was so mad and my inlaws said for me to keep her away from the dog!!
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• in one word....NO!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It would depend on who was the owner/trainer of said dogs. When my son was born we had two large dogs but I was always diligent and never left child and dogs alone unattended. If it is a home where the dog owners are responsible and the dogs are well trained and the child is never left alone then it is fine.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'm a dog person--- but it definately would depend on the dogs. We personally plan on getting mastiffs but now until our youngest has hit at least 3. That said, my mom had a 160lb Saint Bernard who I never thought twice about leaving my kids around. She was awesome! It really does depend on the animal and the owner.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• No , I would not let 3 huge dogs in my house at all. What a mess & smell.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 9:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If they were my dogs, yes. I leave my pit bull and baby alone together all the time. I trust him a lot!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• My kids are terrified of dogs. Well the older one likes the "kick me" variety but my younger doesn't like any of them. He backs up, cries and otherwise tries to become invisible if they come near him.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 9:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I wouldnt leave them alone---even with my 3 that I trust completely---they could accidently hurt the baby due to size alone---Mine think they are lap dogs and that they must touch my DDs @ all times---
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Probably not. Dogs don't tend to be very good babysitters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I don't think the size of the dog really matters, it's the temperment of the dog that I would consider. We have always had large dogs and they are all good around kids, but my stepsister had a little weiner dog who was viscious! I would so trust my 80lb collie/st. bernard mix with a child over her 8lb. weiner dog!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2009