Should i go to the hospital?

So I went to the dr. yesterday and he said i'm 3 cm dialated. BTW i'm 37 weeks. I'm having contractions that are every 6-7 minutes. Do you think that I should go to the hospital or should i wait until my water breaks or something? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your water may not break....only aobut 20% of ladies actually get that water breaking/gushing experience. I was just in the hospital for almost a month in preterm labor, so I know that is a pretty accurate percentage. But keep in mind of how far from a hospital you are, how painful are the contractions....assuming it's your first baby. Call your doctors nurse line if they have one and ask. Going to the hospital wouldn't hurt, especially if you are having to breath through your contractions.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• theres nothing wrong with being safe! the worse the hospital can do is send you home!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• IT'S HARD 2 SAY! if u wanna have a natural birth i say wait 2 go...if u want drugs go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would wait until they are closer together...your water doesnt have to break to mean its time to go to the hospital---call you Dr and see what they say--
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• when i was pregnant with my youngest i had concrations like crazy and when i got to the hospital they were faulse. i was glad when i did have her. but i told my doc that i was in and out of the hospital alot and he told me its better to be safe than sorry. i would go just to be on the safe side. who knows your bundle of joy just might come tonight. whatever you decide to do good luck.
    mommaburns

Answer by mommaburns at 9:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• How long have they been this close?
    Are they consisently 6-ish min/apart?
    How many seconds per contraction (30-60)?

There's not always water breaking or show... But many moms can go for several weeks having contractions like your start & stop...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I was always told to go when the contractions are 4 min apart, lasting 1 minute for 1 hour (411). But if you're wanting natural birth, wait as long as possible to go.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2009