Scrambled Eggs

At what age can you feed your baby scrambled eggs? I figured around 6 months but I'm not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would wait until closer to year, because eggs can cause allergies. I think I started to give them to my daughter around ten months.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I've always heard not to feed them scrambled eggs, just the yolk of an egg. Did I follow this? no.... lol i gave my son a scrambled egg like once a week when he was 6 months
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I started giving my son scrambled eggs around 7 months and he LOVES them. 12 years ago when my oldest was born they used to say to wait, but now they are saying they don't see a difference in allergies between those who started eggs early and those who waited.

Answer by missanc at 10:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I tried my son on an egg before a year, and he broke out in a rash on his face. So now that he is a year we tried again to give him an egg/omlette. He still gets a little red around the mouth. I guess it depends if they are allergic or not.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• At my dd's 9 month check up the ped said "I have to tell you that eggs are not recommended before the age of one." The look on her face saying, as a ped I have to tell you this but don't get too worked up over this paticular issue. I havn't given my 11 month old any eggs yet but that is only because we don't really eat them at my house. You do want to watch or a reaction the first few times though.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 10:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2009