Was Aunt Flo an uninvited and unwelcome guest on your wedding night?

This is probably the only time in my life that I wish I would just get my period already! I'm getting married next Saturday and it looks like I might be smack in the middle of my monthly gift from mother nature! We tried to plan it so I would be off of it by then, obviously, but the cursed thing is late. And, no, I'm not late because I'm pregnant, we haven't had sex. Which means to have my period on the night we've waited so long for is all the more frustrating......AARRGGHHH!

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 9:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I started my period on my wedding day! We had to wait until our honeymoon 5 days later. It was actually okay. Hubby was very understanding. We still joke about it.
    Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Yeah that happened to me, but it was very light that day and DH and I lived together for so long before we finally got married that it was no big deal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'd take like 5 birth control pills to delay it if that happens. Probably not something you'd want to do often, but for your wedding.....yeah!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• nope, but I did have a yeast infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'm not on BC because I'm still nursing....:( Guess I'd rather have my period than a yeast infection, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• IF you're on The Pill, you just (or should have) kept taking the active pills (mine were white)--not the week of placebos (mine were blue), and do so until after your honeymoon---this is what I did--hubby and I went on an adventure honeymoon for a month in Australia--couldn't be scuba diving with sharks and having my period at the same time! LOL

You can delay your period by up to 3 months at one time. This may have changed (no longer get periods due to partial hysterectomy), due to "inventions" like the Depo shot and Norplant type devices, so you should talk with with your Ob/Gyn for more info and to see if you can still delay your period--at least until after your wedding.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I was pregnant on my wedding night!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• nope. I was on the pill. right in the middle of my pack...lol.

but I did miss two pills that weekend...YIKES! lol, but all was well!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• NO lol thank god. But we had been having sex way before we were married so we
    probably would of just did it on my period lmao..

I got pregnant on my honeymoon. Anyhow.

Just have sex on your period, get some towels. LMAO
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• No, didn't have that problem... although we were worried about it, both weddings!!! Hubby just thanked god I was in the middle of my BC cycle the week before he deployed, although it decided to bite me in MY backside, and instead of being late (or skipped altogether!!) like it usually is, came a week early, right after he left!!
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 4:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009