rewording a previous question"i'm not sure if i ovulated , do you have to see any cervical fluid?"

i have been charting for 5 months now. my chart says that i am a 29 day cycle but i believe that i might be a 30 day. my periods start the first of each month. they last about 7 days and are somewhat heavyfor all of the days. sept 1 like clockwork my period started. on the 15th i experienced what i believe was ovulation for the very first time. i had a dull pain in my left lower pelvic area for about two days. with the symptoms of sore breasts, backpain, headache,feeling sick,dizzinessalong with 3wks of heavy watery discharge. on the 31st i started spotting brown discharge. oct 1st i started period on the 4th i went to the doctor, my period stopped the same day. the next two days i spotted very lightly. since ovulating last month i thought that i would ovulated on the 15th of every month give or take a day . this month after my period i havaen't had any other discharge otehr then creamy white. it is now the 17th and no ewcm.

chedda

Asked by chedda at 9:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's normal for even the most regular of women to have an off cycle every now and then. Generally speaking, if EWCM is normal for you leading up to ovulation, then it should happen every cycle before you ovulate (but again...it's possible to have an off cycle every now and then). Since you haven't seen any yet, you could be ovulating late this month and will have a shorter luteal phase (I don't have the same luteal phase every month, so even with regular cycles you could have different luteal phase lengths), or you could have a long cycle this month, or you might not ovulate this month and have a period anyway. All perfectly normal and nothing to worry about in just this one cycle. All you can do is keep charting so you can catch ovulation when it happens, or console yourself that it didn't happen this month and that's why you didn't get pregnant.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2009