Need advice!!!!

My daughter is 6 1/2 months old and has always slept well at night. At the most she's woken up like 3 times during the night. She hasn't always been on schedule but slept around the same amount of hours each night. She's been sleeping in her crib since she was around 2 months old and occasionally sleeping with us because I would accidently fall asleep while nursing her in the middle of the night. Well for the past week she's been having trouble sleeping. She'll fall asleep while I'm feeding her but the second I lay her in her crib she wakes up and starts screaming until I pick her up. She isn't fussy after that and will be wide awake just hanging out and playing. She's like this all night. I don't think she's sick and someone said maybe she's teething but she doesn't seem to be in pain at all. She's not napping as much during the day now either. What could be going on? Any advice? I'm thinking of calling her doctor on Monday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could have an ear ache because if she's only screaming when she is laid down flat, it could be putting pressure on her ear drum. Holding her elevates her head enough that the pain is not so great, not to mention the comfort it brings to be near mommy when she doesn't feel good. Not all kids act sick when they really are, I'd call the doctor Monday, good luck and God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• She's also coming to the age where they are exploring their environment more and don't want to take the time to sleep. My daughter did this, just couldn't be bothered to sleep through the night anymore. And, of course, she wanted to company. She could also be on the verge of a major milestone, like crawling. Babies also tend to sleep less then. Call her doc if it makes you feel better, but she doesn't sound sick. Just a normal phase most babies go through.
    Noey1221

Answer by Noey1221 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• You are concerned because she wakes up when you put her in the crib and wants to be with you. That's normal. Why would you think something is wrong with her?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009