Transition to milk

What month did you start the milk transition with your baby? I was thinking of starting my 10 month old on 1 oz and gradually increase the milk by 1 oz per week. She drinks 6 ozs of formula so in 6 weeks she'd be fully transitioned and also be turning 1 year old. Is it too early or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son's pedi told me I could start his transition at 9mos. he took right to whole milk, LOVES it. so he was fully switched within a few weeks, (we just used up the last of our formula) and it was done.
    he's been on it ever since. he's almost 11mos now.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• My son is 11 months and we started the transition about a month ago.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I started to transition about 3 weeks before a year old. I know of friends who transitioned at 10 months. I did it oz by oz. You know if your daughter is healthy enough to tolerate it and be done with the vitamins in formula that aren't in milk.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Our transition was really simple. Straight up, in a cup, on the first birthday. He drank it. But to this day prefers water.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Why transition? Human babies don't need cow's milk. Cow's milk is for baby cows. Moo:)

If you are going to wean at 12 months you don't need to ever start cow's milk. Why would you want to start it early? No baby should have cow's milk before 12 months.

The World Health Organization recommends all babies breastfeed at least until they are 2.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• well...I am going through the same decision right now and I was wondering the same thing. Also, do you start out on vit. d milk? thanks :)
    samaras-mommy

Answer by samaras-mommy at 8:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2009