36 weeks and feeling so depressed is this normal?

I recently bcame high risk so now I am dieting for diabetes only I am am not big so I have maintain my weight and check my blood sugar four times a day. I am taking so much Blood pressure meds I feel tired all the time. I am working half a day but still expected to get all my work done in half the time and have all my lesson plans doen for after the baby is born. I am losing it I want to cry all the time and I have never been the emotional type. All these hormones are making me so depressed does this mean I will have post partum? And is there anything I can do right now to help with the depression?

Tat_9280

Asked by Tat_9280 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, my doctor says feelings of depression is totally normal when a person has chronic pain, or fatigue...which is pretty much what you have right now.

So first of all, give yourself permission to feel sad and overwhelmed. Yes, having a baby is exciting and wonderful, but it's also really hard, and it's okay to feel that way.

Second of all, talk with your doctor about how you're feeling, and he/she can help you figure out if it's a clinical level of depression...a big clue is that it's interfering with your daily activities. I did have post partum, but caught it early.

My treatment involved some low-dose medications, daily walks, and interacting with other moms to make sure I wasn't too lonely.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• yup i'm depressed as hell right now, sucks
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2009