how safe is it?

i im tring to get as much info as i can before i do it if i do it. can you blame me?
the H1N1 vax. i asked the drs office they said that they are just telling parents if they or the kids have major health issues they are not really for this vax. my dd has one kidney, i have a bad long is as a major health problem? i am not for this shot why mainly cuz its to new and not tested. i read something in the papers about it i would have to try and find it and post it. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Health

• I am surprised that a doctor would be telling people with health problems not to take it. My info is that people with health problems are more at risk for complications with the flu itself and those are the people who should get the vaccine first. Maybe the doc meant, not the live vaccine?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• When my husband researched it, found that it was full of preservatives. As well as other things that have been linked to autism, "speculatively". I don't have children with health issues, as you do, but personally I don't think using all these new vaccines are healthy. They haven't been out long enough to know the long term affects.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Go to www.cdc.gov lots of info on the FACTS of the H1N1 virus and the vaccine. It is made exactly the same as the seasonal flu shot just with the H1N1 NON LIVE strain (the mist has the live strain)! And it IS recommended that those with health conditions GET the vaccine.

You can find that specific information here: http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/acip.htm
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/H1N1-SWINE-FLU.aspx

Very good info here :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2009