I am afraid!

My husband left me two years ago for another woman. I am afraid noone will want to date me knowing that he did that. What did your new husband or boyfriend think about your ex leaving you for someone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• My ex didn't leave me for someone else, but he treated me poorly and I left. My husband thinks my ex was crazy to ever let me go, which is what the guy you start dating will think. When you meet a guy, he's not going to think badly of you because a relationship went sour - he's going to think that he's a lucky guy that your ex did leave so now he can be with you.

Answer by missanc at 11:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Do not date tell you know who you are. You must be proud of who your are and be very confident. And with that you will not be afraid. Take your time to grow. Good Luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I was engaged and he cheated, so I dumped him. My dh was also engaged, and she cheated, and got pg by the other guy, and dumped my dh and married the other guy (it was a long distance relationship, and she didn't tell my dh that she got pg and that was why, we found out about that later).

Honestly, my dh thinks the guy who cheated on me was an idiot. I think the same about the woman who cheated on my dh, but I'm also glad that she was, because if not for her stupidity, I wouldn't have met him - well, ok, since we were stationed together, we would have met, but we wouldn't have had the friendship that turned into dating / falling in love that we had, and we wouldn't be married now! :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• WTF? It some how indicates that there is something wrong with YOU?! Why would a future SO judge you based on what your ex did?
    Anonymous

• First, why would you tell anyone you are dating that your x left you for another woman? That's no one's business. Just say he left. End of discussion about your x. Meet men and let them get to know you for who you are not what your x did. Relax and enjoy life

Answer by admckenzie at 3:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2009