Halloween

So for those of you who do not celabrate halloween what are you doing on that day with your kids/family? Do you still hand out candy or do you go out and avoid the entire thing? What fun things have you done in the past?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Church usually holds events or elementary schools hold a "fall festival"
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 11:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• if they don't celebrate, i'm sure its like any other saturday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I can't say personally but I know of one family that doesn't dress up or do the trick or treat thing, however, she runs our Fall Family Festeval. The woman is an amazing organizer. Her children don't dress in costume but the boy who is high school age helps out and the girl who is 5th grade participates in the games.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It's just another day for us. We don't do anything to "replace" Halloween.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• it's just another day to us, we dont do anything different. dd doesnt miss it at all. saturdays we're usually at the mall anyway so i guess that's what we'll be doing.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would love not to celebrate halloween but my kids love it too darn much. So I guess I will freeze my booty off and grab some free chocolate.
    Anonymous

• Only weirdo's don't celebrate Halloween. I'm not a weirdo.
    Anonymous

• We are having a family fun night. We do this about once a month anyway so it's nothing really special to replace halloween. We don't hand out candy because no one stops anyway.

I have no problem being a weirdo. I know what I'm doing is the best for my kids.
    Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i think my husband and our new baby and i are going to our church, and trick or treating to a couple of homes and then to my parents to have a game night and goodies
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 6:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Anon the irony of that statement is that I am a weirdo and I celebrate halloween. And most weirdos I know celebrate it. It is the original day of the dead for pagans who are very often labeled weirdos, so you are conforming to a day of weirdos in order to avoid being a weirdo...?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 9:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2009