What the heck happened?

I woke up this morning shifted my legs and started freaking out cause there was a pain shooting from my calf.... I sat up and felt it and there was a HUGE knot in my leg and it hurt to touch and my foot was pointed like a ballerinas... But I couldnt move it without it hurting. Almost like when you have a muscle spasm and your eye twitches but it was my foot stuck in this position... After a minute or two it went away but when I tried to stand that spot hurt. It seems the more Im on it the less it hurts but its still irritating and there. What was this???? Was it just a spasm? Maybe I fell asleep with my leg muscle tight and it never loosened? im 30 weeks pregnant maybe the baby was sleeping on a nerve or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That is called a charlie horse, go eat a bananna. A lot of people get them from low potassium and it's worse when you are pegnant.

Is this seriously the first time you have ever had that?
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• yeppers thats a severe charlie horse, ive gotten them just like that where i couldnt move my foot...what worked for me was to immediately stand up and put pressure on my foot, it would make my foot straighten correctly and take some of the pain away...but it will still hurt...usually it means you are low on potassium...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Yep, you need to eat MORE banana's in you diet. I usually ate them for breakfast and lunch because of the fear of getting one. It worked. I didnt have one the entire time I eas pregnant.
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Kiwi fruit has more potassium than bananas if you want another fruit option, or if bananas get boring :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• so do avacados and cantaloupe
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• ya that's called a charlie horse i use to get them all the time with my first what use to help me a lot my hubby use to massage me legs every night b4 i went to sleep trust me that's not the only time its going to happen it's normal.....
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, Charlie Horse, definately, at they aren't fun, If I stretch my legs out to much I can get them, so I've started to not stretch as much as I normally would
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• lol i am 30 weeks also and had the exact same thing happen this morning in my calve! lol
    also have never had one before, it was weird and REALLY hurt!!!
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• charlie horse happens to me hurts like a bitch lol !!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I got one this morning for the first time this pregnancy (I'm 20 weeks). Charlie Horses are so painful.
    Makenseysmom

Answer by Makenseysmom at 12:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2009