bad birthing experience.

Hi I was on here back in August about not wanting to give birth in the hosptital where my doc delivers and then I felt bad about changing him last minute andI stuck with him. Well i had my son on Sept. 10th and I almost lost him. During the c-section my placenta ruptured and till this day I dont know why. I've been really depressed over this till this day. I'm happy that my son is here but his apgar scores were really low when born and I feel mad about it. I should have went with my instinct and went to another hospital...

I had no problems other than gestational diabetes...I was fine. The doc was supposed to deliver my son at 8am and he didn't show up to the hospital till after 9am. My son was born till 10:19 am. My son was in the nicu for 2 weeks. He had seizures and had to be placed on a cooling blanket. I don't know and the docs don't know how much he was affected.

latinamom94

Asked by latinamom94 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I replied to your other post. Get your records. Go to the hospital and they have to give them to you. Read them. If you don't understand them have someone you know with a medical background read them. Hire a consultant to read them.

You won't be able to let this go until you know what happened and why.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• ***hugs hun**** i have learned to trust my intuition no matter how i feel. but thankfuly your lil guy is here and with you. i agree go and get records or least ask to see them ( they cant tell u no ) and lke was said look them over if u dont understand them ask someone. ( even if u go to another hospital or see a nurse to translate them ) good luck and congradulations on your lil guy.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I have been really thinking about you, about this.

There isn't much that can be done until you find out more facts.

You will need details from your medical records.

Can you work on getting these?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• u may be intiteled to some money for damages
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• You need to find out so you can begin your healing process. For me, I had a decent birth, but I had this excruciating pain at the end, and it didn't seem right. I couldn't really get over it. I started asking questions, and it turns out the nurse held the baby in (which is extremely dangerous). Once I had the facts, I was able to put them in their place, and move on. It's very important.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2009