Should I be worried I am always feeling cold

I wear two or three sweat shirts and I am still cold. Should I be concerned about it?

Emilyrose200809

Asked by Emilyrose200809 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Health

• Well, you are in NH? Isn't it cold right now?
    Are you cold when no one else is? Is it a year-round thing?

You could be anemic or have thyroid problems. Not an emergency, a blood test at the doc could tell. Try to eat iron rich foods for anemia, and see if that helps.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Are you very thin?

People with low body fat tend to have a lower body temperature.
    Anonymous

• Are you anemic? Iron-deficient? Growing up I was always border-line anemic and had very low iron and was always cold. And I live in Florida of all places. For some reason over the past few years I have had zero problems and good iron reads and I do get cold, but not nearly as easily as I used to. Probably because I eat much healthier and much more than I did before, I would guess.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I had a tooth infection and wore 2 sweatshirts last week. I didn't know I had had a fever!
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I agree with the thyroid comment. I have hypothyroid and before I got medicated I was ALWAYS cold. I would mention it to your doc if I was you. I fell 100 times better since they got my levels corrected.
    Anonymous

• How much do you weigh? How tall are you? If you are slightly underweight you may be more likely to get cold; it doesn't necessarily mean you are sick. Do your hands and feet get colder or go numb? If so you could have poor circulation. I deal with both things. Just layer up and do what you can to maintain a healthy weight, avoid artery clogging foods in excess(for the circulation), and if it becomes a major issue see a doctor.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009