imagination and pretend play

OMG this was too cute! Im putting away laundry and DD is playing. She just picked up her pretend phone, made it ring, and said, "Heyo? Heyo? Hi, Elmo! Papi, pizza. Papi, pizza. Bye bye. Amo (love you in Spanish)." It was sooo cute!

When did your LO start pretending?
My DD is almost 2

epoh

Asked by epoh at 1:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is precious!
    My son was 2 and he opened his Rainbow Fish book and said "One pon time....fish went thwimming." So cute.
    My daughter is 8 and the other day I snuck up on her while she was singing into her microphone. She was singing "Why did you break up with me?" WHat! lol She is 8....hello!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Mine started around age 2 too. She used her hand as a phone and would carry on long conversations. She has always been very independant so she played alone a lot. She still loves making her babies talk. It brings a smile to my face.
    Anonymous

• At 9 months. My daughter would take our cell phones and just "talk" away and walk back and forth. She was in a power meeting.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Aww! I just can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to do it. She's 9 months old, not long to go ^-^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• They were around 2-3 yrs old.

My 3 yr old is really starting to shine where his imagination is concerned. He's been a different character or object everyday for the last two weeks. Anything from a dog to Disney LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2009