How can I be happy? I get so depressed when I am alone.

I tend to be a really happy person when I am around other people, but when I am home and it is just me and the baby I get so depressed, when he is awake and playing I am okay but the minute he goes to sleep I don't know what to do, I just feel like I'm worthless. All I ever do is cook and clean and take care of my 7 month old and my SO when he is here. Usually he is working.
It is like every reason I have ever had to cry hits me all at once. I've tried talking to SO about it but he always think he did something or it was something he didn't do.
He never pays me much attention when he is here anyway. I will say "lets cuddle" and he always thinks that means I want sex. But really I just want some love.
What should I do, I feel like a crazy woman.
I also feel like my old friends don't want to be around me. They will do stuff and not invite me and I will invite them to my house and they always have something better to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cont.
    What should I do? Maybe I am as crazy as I am beginning to think I am. I feel like no ones wants to be around me and as of right now I don't even want to be around myself.
    Anonymous

• That is a downfall of being a parent. My DH and I lost 90% of our friends once we had our first child. I guess they thought that just because we were parents and they weren't that we couldn't "hang" anymore. I think you should look into getting out more. Sign up for a Mommy and Me class somewhere. Get a hobby.

You'll be okay Momma, you just need to work through this.
    Anonymous

• You are not crazy. The first year can be very very hard to adjust. Try turning music or the radio on in the background. It can be better than silence or tv.

Make mommie friends. If you are breastfeeding you can try LLL or other breastfeeding support groups. Look on Craigslist for moms groups. You can check at the library and children's resale shops.

Find something you can volunteer and have your baby with you. I do things with an animal rescue group and we almost always have 2 small kittens. When they get 2 pounds they can be spayed or nutered and are ready for adoption. Time for 2 new small kittens. Kittens wouldn't be a good idea with a toddler.

Do craft stuff. Make quilts for Project Linus. Knit baby hats for babies in other countries.

Take an online course.

There are lots of things mothers do so they don't go crazy!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• That's so funny, but I was just thinking about this same thing this morning. This is what I plan to do.
    #1 I'm going to set up a lunch date w/ a gf I hardly see n miss (she doesn't have kids)
    #2 baby n I go 2 parent ed classes once a week. I end up talking 2 da gparents cuz they're easier 2. LOL
    #3 we signed up for swim once a week. I look forward to it cuz it forces us 2 get out n when we get back we both fall asleep.
    #4 I told SO he needs to take care of the baby more often during the week so I can go to da gym. I hate the way I look which also brings me down.
    #5 I plan to shop for clothes that fit better. My clothes looks big on me cuz of the weight I lost n I hate that I don't look good in anything.
    Btw: when baby naps I make my lunch, sit in front of da TV w/ da monitor n watch my recorded shows. Its my only time I get 2 focus on ME.

Message me to see how you do.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I am a Mom of six. We all feel the way you are feeling from time to time. Find something that you like to do just for your you time. I love my me time. If I don't get it now. I get cranky. It is so important that you just spend a little special time on something you enjyoy to remind you of who you are. Not just mom and wife. If you don't take care of you, you can't take care of anyone else.
    annthomas

Answer by annthomas at 3:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2009