Whats youre experiance with a bread maker or pasta maker?

I would like to make bread. I here their are bread makers. Also pasta. Like how do you make pasta from scratch?

TummyPrincess

Asked by TummyPrincess at 1:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a bread maker and have made bread, rolls, pizza dough, focaccia, and other things with it. I like the mixes you can buy in the cake mix isle of the grocery store. My whole family likes the results.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• They are very easy to find at yard sales and thrift shops. Make sure you get one with it's book. I got a new one, in it's box that sells for $150 for $5.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I have my dad's old bread maker and love it. In fact...just about time to pull it out again...

My Italian parents got a real kick out of the pasta-making fad of about ten years ago. They used to make their own pasta, but stopped because it was *so* much work. The only thing they continued to make themselves was potato gnocchi. They preferred to expend their energy on the gravy (sauce to most folks).

My brother and sister-in-law have my mom's pasta-making machine...I don't know if they've ever used it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I have a bread maker that I picked up on freecycle; I use it mostly for pizza dough.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I have a bread machine. I love it. I make a really awesome pizza dough with it, and make sandwich bread, french bread, dinner rolls, all kinds of things with it. The great thing about it is that you put in the ingredients and it does everything else, including bake it, if you so desire. Makes it so you can make the most time consuming bread and be able to just walk away from it and do anything else you like.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I love my bread machine, I use it regularly. We make homemade pizza once a week, so I use it for that, but I also make bread and dinner rolls with it frequently. I don't actually bake my bread in it, I use the dough cycle, and bake it in the oven because I like the way the crust comes out better. The cost to make your own bread is pennies, compared to the cost to buy it. I buy my breadflour and yeast at costco because it's so much cheaper in large quantities, but I use a ton, so it's worth it.

I also have an electric Cuisinart Pasta Machine that I love. It works just like the bread machine, but you do have to stay with it. You put the ingredients in and it extrudes them through different shaped dies. You can make noodles, spaghetti, lasagna, macaroni, anything, and it's fun to use different ingredients and try new flavors.

If you enjoy cooking they're worth the investment!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I have a bread maker and have made all types of breads. My kids like to make different dipping sauces for the bread we make. It does take an hour or so to make the bread so you need to prepare ahead but we love it!
    tallmom511

Answer by tallmom511 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I have a bread machine and LOVE it! I mostly make bread with it, but it can make other things like dough for pizza, rolls, bagels, and my machine also will churn fresh butter.

I think a pasta machine would be nice, but I don't have anyplace to store one...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2009