Damnit! I was ready!

I just spent the last three hours or so in false labor. I got everything together, to go and then... my contractions (which were very painful) stopped. They would come every tens mins then jump down to five then start coming every eight. Sigh* Anyone else go through this? I'm a bit disappointed. :/

KayLundy3

Asked by KayLundy3 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yah, for two weeks with my 2nd baby.
    :- /
    It really is kind of normal for the uterus to gradually prepare, warming-up over time. If you're focusing on it too much (maybe you were ...?) then it can inhibit progressive hormones.
    Adrenaline suppresses oxytocin.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• with all three pregnancies. yep....

but #3 was a doozy...I was in nonproductive labour for 6 weeks with her before I was induced.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I went into the hospital because I'd been having contractions less than 8 mins apart all day on saturday. Was sent home with an Ambien and told to go to sleep, then woke up 6 hours later (8 am sunday) in SO much pain with the contractions. Had to have my eyes closed and hum through them. Water broke at 11:45 and she was out at 12:25 that day! The day I had those prelabor contractions I spotted all day. So maybe if you're spotting with them you're getting close too?!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2009