Has anyone ever considered concieving a baby for a family member who is unable to have their own children?

mtboan

Asked by mtboan at 1:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• have thought about it for a close friend
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Well I wouldn't "conceive" a baby for her, but I would be a surrogate for her
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• ive thought about that but then back in your mind its kind of like "that is my child" "i dont like how she's parenting" and it all may eventually become a big mess! unless the conciever and the other person lives miles away and only sees you on holidays and whatnot but the thought is still there no matter what.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'd do it for my sister as long as she had a girl. I wouldn't want her to mutilate a boy.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I want to do that for my fiances mom. She can't have anymore and they really want one but then I don't think I could give her the baby after due to the fact I get so attached while I am pregnant.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I have thought about it for a good friend who is gay. He really wants a family and I am willing BUT if its my egg, I want my parents to have the right to see the child since it would be their grandchild and he is not sure he is ok with that.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Well, I don't know if I could do it mentally. It doesn't matter anyway, because having my own was challenging enough that if I do decide to try again, it would be for our second child.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If the price was right...absolutely.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• My sister asked me if Id be willing to(many years ago before they were ready to start their family. She had issues with the thought of pregnancy but didnt have issues concieving(then anyway).

I said yes I would. Nowadays, I would not because my body is done having kids and it wouldnt take another pregnancy well and I realize this.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• There's no one in my family that I like enough to put myself through that for.
    Anonymous