Grinding teeth

My 11 month old has 8 teeth, 4 on top and 4 on bottom. He has started the habit of grinding them together. Did your child ever do anything like this? Is this really bad for him? How can I get him to stop?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's just a phase. All 3 of mine did it at one point or another and I think it's just that they are pretty new and when they realize that it make a noise when they grind them it's just something that they like to do for a while because of the whole cause and effect thing. I tried my best to ignore it, which was hard because I HATE that sound, lol. But if I made a big deal about it at all they thought it was funny and did it more. So I either ignored it completely or tried to distract them with something else when they did it, a game or toy they liked or something to eat or drink if it was about that time anyway. It didn't last long and didn't hurt their teeth at all.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 2:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It's normal. They grow out of it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2009