When a dog is up to date on shots, what shots do they have?

I need to know what shots a dog needs. My dog has never had any and i need to get them soon. I was just wondering which ones she needs and maybe an etimate on the price. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Note: This is not a puppy. It is a full grown dog. Also how much does it cost to get a female Spayed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pets

• i take my dog and get his shots they run about 35 dollars and it is for parvo...rabies ....... and a couple other things cant remember but u have to make sure to get them all....
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• They need as a minimum Distemper/parvo combo (DHLPP) Rabies and Bordetella (kennel cough)
    They should have a heartworm test and be on prevention.
    Depending on were you go around 75-100 would be fair for the vaccines,heartworm testing and the office visit.
    The spay can really vary from office to office...around 200 for a medium size dog is what they run here---you can get the humane society to do it for around 50.
    The humane societies here will do the vaccines, heartworm testing and spay for about 150.
    Vet clinics are more because they use different medications and procedures.
    Call around and get a feel for the pricing--sometimes they will offer packages for 1st time clients.

Good luck!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If this dog has never had any shots they will probably want to do three or four rounds like they would a puppy so that the dogs gets the full protection from the vaccines. She will need her DHLPP+C (Distemper, Hepititis, Parvo, ? and Corona Virus) It could just be DHLPP but it depends on the vet and the area you are in as far as what diseases they see the most. Rabies (which is a must have that is the law) You can pass on the Bordatella if you wanted But the dog should have a heartworm test. I hopefor the dogs sake that it does not have heartworms and if you are lucky and she does not i would get her on the heartworm meds asap the pills are cheaper then the treatment. The first visit could easily cost you $350 dollers minimum to get the shots, office visit, dewormer(a must if you have kids) heartworm meds and flea meds if that is needed. Spaying varies depending on size, weight and if the dog is in heat.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would guess anywhere between $150 and $600( this is usually for the dogs the size of a great dane or something). I would call around to the differant vets and animal shelter and see if you can find a low cost spay/neuter clinic because that could save you a fortune. The ones in my area charge 45 dollers to neuter a dog and 55 to spay a dog. Vaccines and everything else are also cheaper.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would suggest you call the vet you plan on using for the shot prices b/c a lot of the time vets differ on prices. I know for my dogs it cost me $95 per dog and that was with a 3 yr rabie shot.

As for spaying your dog I would call the humane society because usually they have a low cost spay and neuter clinic and the will be the cheapest way to go.

I hope the best for you.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2009