How do you make homemade chicken gravy?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You take the chicken fat and drippings from cooking and put it in a saucepan on the stove on medium heat. You probably should have at least a half cup. Take a wisk or fork and slowly add in 2 tablespoons flour. Keep stirring and it will thicken. Add about a cup of milk while stiring. Add salt and pepper to taste. If it's not flavorful enough you can add chicken bulion.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I don't, I have tried but it comes out nasty. I have a funny story. My son and I lived with my parents until he was 8 yrs old and my mom always had chicken gravy from a jar for my son to eat on his mashed potatoes. Well, one night, we had mashed potatoes and chicken and no jarred gravy so my mom made homemade gravy. My son flipped out and cried because the gravy my mom made was not homemade. He insisted the homemade came out of a jar. He was heartbroken that we had no homemade gravy and no matter what we said, he didn't believe that what grandma made was homemade. He was about 3 or 4 at the time. After that, my mom made sure we had "homemade gravy" in the house at all times.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• same as gaiil but I use the water from boiling the potatoes.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2009