How much should I tip the pizza guy?

This place is like 3 mins down the road, I don't have a car to use today so I'm having it delivered. My way of tipping is, the farther they travel the more I tip. Is that right? I was thinking that since it's probably less than a mile I would tip $2-3. My order cost $12.63, does that even matter when it's pizza?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that's a good tip. I'll tip extra if the weather is bad.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Yeah, $2-$3 sounds good, especially if it's so near by.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• so I should give him $4 because it's cold and raining?

OP
    Anonymous

• They already get a delivery charge. it may sound cheap but i do 2 or 3 dollars. I live on base and i swear they think we are RICH! (DEF NOT) This MF comes to my house with $22 pizza he gets handed two $20 and says sorry i don't have change!! I said to him. I'm tired of you guys coming here and not having change! I have 5 kids you are not going to try to force me to tip you! Go get some change!! He looked shocked but he went to get change. WTF that's a big tip and its not like i gave him a $50!! I needed change for a $20.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 2:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Mrs.Oriaku, he should have given it to you for $20! That's outrageous, not having change. They're supposed to have change.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'd say $3 is fine.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• And btw...my brother used to deliver pizza, and they do NOT always get the delivery charge. Even if they do, it's for gas, so you should still add to the tip.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• That sounds like what I would give. I usually do $3-4 on a $30 order (usually we get a few pizzas). I used to give a few dollars more, but then they started adding a delivery charge. Now I end up giving the same amount they just are added together.
    Honestly, these days I go pick it up unless I'm really not feeling up to it. It costs me maybe a dollar in gas, but saves me the extra $5-6 for having it delivered.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I tip 18-20%. More if the weather is awful. Drivers work for tips. They do not get the delivery charge.
    Anonymous

• I usually try to tip reqally good,like $5.00 or so. The reason being is cuz I live on the 3rd floor and there's alot of stairs to get up to my apt.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2009