What to buy?

My mom is over seas and is sending me $ to do her Chrsitmas shopping. I have a 9 yr lil cuz that has down syndrome. Anyone have any ideas on what to by a 9 yr old boy w/downs?
THANKS

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Shopping

• I'm certain that if you could schedule a visit once a week with him/her then this would make him/her happy. I've neve seen a downs child that wasn't happy. They are beautiful and they make my heart glow. They love attention and you may find the experience is very rewarding.

Possibly consider a cool blanket for their lap or a personal item like a cool cup. When my daughter was in fourth she played soccer. Their was a downs child on the team. She wore the uniform and watched the game. This was so exciting and important to her, just to feel like your part of something.

Im not certain the severity of the case, if they like ball try to get them a jersey or something that represents their favorite team. DS children are blessings to us.
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 6:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2009