Baby Proofing...need your opinions on great products please...

We're about to move into a new home and need to baby proof. I have an 18 mo. old and another one due next month so time is of the essence. Here are the specific things I'm looking for:

1. Gates for a wide staircase (upstairs and down). The staircase is really nice and I'd prefer not to drill into the railing but there is wall on one side and wooden railing on the other. I'm not sure if a pressure mounted gate will work though because I don't think the wall is even with the base of the railing. Need tips for a good extra wide pressure mounted gate and other options that might be out there.

2. Lever Style Door Handles - Are there any good products that prevent a toddler from going through a lever style door handle?

3. Cabinet Locks - the cabinets are brand new and in great condition. I'd rather not drill into them. Do the Kidco Adhesive locks work on drawers too? Any other (less $$$) options?

Thanks for your help!

ANGIE409

Asked by ANGIE409 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)