Limitations??

I am about 10 1/2 weeks pregnant, what are my physical limitations? I am moving to a new house and i dont know what i should and shouldnt be doing. Obviously i know i should pick up huge boxes but how heavy can i lift?? HELP PLEASE.

melissa78155

Asked by melissa78155 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Girl...I'm 8 mo. pregnant with a 25 lb toddler who has recently decided she's a hip baby. I carry her during the day, lift her in and out of the tub, in and out of the crib, in and out of the high chair, up and down to the changing table...chase her around, etc., etc., etc. You can do more than you think you can. That being said, you're still in your first trimester where your risk of miscarriage is greater and if you don't HAVE to lift heavy things or run around after a toddler, then don't. Do as much as you feel comfortable with. You probably also want to stay away from smelly cleaning products...hire someone to clean for you or pick mild products (vinegar and water, all natural products, etc.) and make sure the room is well ventilated. Most importantly, sit down when you're tired and relax. Try not to stress out about things - they'll get done eventually. Congrats on the new house!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• My midwives told me not to lift anything heavier than a toddler. I talked them up to 35 pounds, but that was it, and only if I was careful to do a kegal every time I lifted something.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• nothing heavier than a toddler.
    Anonymous

• I was told the 25-30 pound thing too. mostly I don't have trouble lifting anything, haven't really had to lift anything all that heavy anyway, but most of my limiting has to do with my energy level. as long as you have the energy, do what you can, but don't forget that you will probably tire sooner that usual and if you need a break, take it!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2009