When does harrasment go to far... how do you know what they are doing is harassment?

My ex will not stop messaging me, calling me... I know, I shouldn't message him back but I want him to get it through his head that we are done with, over with. He starts putting down all the ones I love, calling them names, telling me I am crazy then starts being all nice and talking about us having a future together... I really am scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, that's definitely harassment. You could to ignore him for a while and tell your family to do the same. If god forbid he started stalking you or your relatives, that will give him jail time. Document everything he does-time, place and detail. You can even talk to an officer now and file a complaint.
    Anonymous

• exactly what the previous poster said.
    sassbott_5000

Answer by sassbott_5000 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Change any and all phone numbers ASAP and make it unlisted. Do not give it out to anyone except your childs school with the understanding that NO ONE is to have said number.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• For goodness sakes, QUIT replying. DELETE DELETE DELETE

Answer by admckenzie at 4:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If you want him to get it thru his head, then you tell him ONCE that it is over and you want to be left alone. If he doesn't listen, it's harassment and you go to the police. If you've already told him that, then go to the police now. People like that often escalate beyond just constantly calling you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Is he doing this to get revenge because I know he really doesn't love me?
    Anonymous

• how are we suppose to know why he's doing this? lol.

it doesn't really matter why. just end it. if you continue to have communication with him other than to say "it's over. don't contact me again." then that's on you.
    sassbott_5000

Answer by sassbott_5000 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2009