breathing

i am 25 weeks pregnant and im starting to get a cold or something and now im having trouble breathing and my chest hurts when i breath or when i cough. should i go to the er or what should i do? thanks in advance.

mommaburns

Asked by mommaburns at 3:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• or call ur doctor and see what they say and they will tell u what u can take and what u can not take
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• id call but i have no long distance on my phone or no mins on my cell phone.
    mommaburns

Answer by mommaburns at 3:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• What would they do at the ER? If you went to the ER you could be exposed to swine flu and other illnesses.

Stay calm. Call the doctor. If the doctor thinks you aren't getting enough oxygen then you may be able to go straight to the OB floor and have the baby monitored and your oxygen checked and if everything is ok you can go right home. I developed asthma while pregnant, it sometimes happens.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Get in the car and go to a pay phone where it won't be long distance.

Go somewhere where you can use someone else's phone.

If you don't have a car call someone to take you to a phone.

You souldn't let yourself be in the situation that you can't call your doctor. I understand you didn't know. Now you do.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2009