My ex-boyfriend tells me that ignoring him fills my heart with more hate... Is this true?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Like silent treatment? that depends. Are you doing it to let yourself cool down so you can handle the situation in calmer manner? Or are you doing it for spite? Only you can answer that question. If you're doing it for you, so you don't say or do something you'll regret then it's a good thing, and you should explain to him that it's not because you're angry, it's because you need time to settle yourself.

If it's because you're angry and you want to hurt him then you should stop, because it does only exasperate the situation and make everyone more upset.

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Don't listen to your old boyfriend.

Answer by Gailll at 3:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• there's a reason he is your EX!

• of course it does

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 3:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• No it fills his heart with disappointment that he's an ex. Keep up the good work ignoring him

Answer by admckenzie at 4:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If ignoring him is what helps you get through the ending relationship, then by all means ignore him. Of course there are always circumstances that could complicate things, like if you have a child together or live together currently, but if he is just an ex and that's it, then ignore him if you feel like it. Especially if it helps you emotionally get over the relationship. There was a guy that I was trying hard to get over but never could do it until I cut him out of my life completely and pretended he didn't exist. By physically distancing myself I was able to not only get over it but also stop hating him, because once I was physically distanced I became emotionally distanced, and that led to me really, truly NOT CARING about him one way or another. "I don't hate you. I nothing you," is one of my favorite quotes.

Answer by Iskkra at 10:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2009