OMFG! My husband came to me today and said my 15 year old daughter (his step daughter) looks "hot in those new jeans!"! I just stood there with my mouth open. We've been married 13 years, I don't want to lose him! What the hell do I say to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• maybe he meant she looks really good but just didn't word it right. Men are stupid and say things like that on accident sometimes. I even do it, I told my fiance that his dad is "pretty hot, for an old dude" I didn't mean that I want to have sex with him, just that he looks really good.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• You are afraid of loosing your husband to your daughter? What?

He was just saying she looked good. That doesn't mean he is going to sleep with her. What are you thinking? You need to get those thoughts out of your head so it doesn't hurt your relationship with your daughter or your husband.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• You need to talk to him about it. If he really had intentions on having sex with your daughter he wouldn't have told you that. It could be he was expressing his concern... that boys would be all over her, or that she was trying to be too sexy for her age. Or maybe he was just trying to say something nice about her and didn't find the right words. Don't freak... just talk to him about it. See what he has to say for himself.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• ya...i would have smacked him pretty quick...regardless of how you mean it you DO NOT say your 15yr old step daughter looks hot...He had better explain it real quick like and make it good. I'm not saying kick him out or get rid of him over one comment, I would really watch him close--any other signs of him thinking of her as anything other than a SD he would be gone-
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• wow um you have to talk to him and find out what exactly he meant......did he say what he meant or did it come out wrong and make sure that doesnt mean he would pursue anything, and always keep in mind that no matter how long standing or how meaningful a relationship is, as a mom you first obligation, above any man, is your daughters safety.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• ask him why the fuck would he even say that.remind him thats his daughter(even if just stepdaughter) i agree ask him what he meant?
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think your daughter is in danger of being abused sexually.

If he said this to you, what has he been thinking about your daughter??

Step daughters are at a higher risk of being abused by their step fathers than their own bio-dad.

I would seek family counseling immediately.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 3:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think to much is being read into it!!!

Has nobody ever looked at thier child and thought "damn they look good in that", I know that there are a few things my kids have put on and I have had that exact thought. Does that mean I am going to have sex with them.......hell no, it just means that they look really good, and it surprised me how good that outfit/pants looked on them.

If you are that unsure about what he said then ask him.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• yeahhhhh... thats REALLY wierd. i would be careful of him. you might want to start thinking about what your going to do if you get a divorce.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Some people are reading way too much into what the stepfather said. Instead of jumping to conclusions, why don't you say to him that you felt the way he talked about your daughter made you uncomfortable. Just because someone makes a comment, doesn't mean he is sexually abusing the kid. Ease up.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009