Would you let your 16 going on 17 year old DD junior in HS date a 19 year old College Freshman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Depends on the kids.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Depends on the daughter. Is she mature? Does she make wise decisions? If so, then I would let her. If not then I would express my displeasure at it and say he wasn't allowed at the house. But if she wants to see him she will. She'll skip classes or go on lunch or after work... she'll find a way. You won't stop her, so you can only do your best to discourage her.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I guess it would depend on a lot of factors. If my daughter was pretty much 17 and very mature and responsible and I personally knew the boy, probably. If he was living at home with parents, that'd be a plus. Also if they had dated while he was a senior and just went off to college, I wouldn't expect her to break up with him.

If she had a poor track record for irresponsible decisions, just met the boy and he was living in a dorm, probably not.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'm 18 and my fiance is going to be 20 on halloween. I was with him when I was 15, he turned 17 a couple months after that. 2 years for us isn't a big deal, it depends on their maturity levels too. If he is known for being a man whore then no, if he is a nice guy then it should be fine
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• shes know him from 3-4 years she has had sex once, now wears a promise ring i trust her the boy also wears a promise ring and is still a virgin.
    Anonymous

• and when I was 14 I was with a guy that was going to be 18 a weeks after I turned 15. He was a friend for a while before that and my mom already knew him and didn't have a problem with it.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Nope
    Anonymous

• I doubt it. IT really depends on the maturity of the kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't let MY 16 yo date a college guy, but that is because of her maturity level. I know that it would be OK for some kids that age.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Yea, Based on what you described I definitely would.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 5:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2009