Im not a bad mom for this am I ?

Im so worried that my son isnt eating enough.
He was sick a week ago have bad congestion runny nose all of that. ( no it wasnt the flu)
Now he is doing almost nothing but sleeping.
He didtn sleep great when he was sick . I just worry he isnt eating enough.
I mean he is peeing just fine actually loading diapers. He does wake up to eat about 8 ozs roughly every 5 hours or so.
I just feel liek days are running together and I worry he isnt eating right.
Is it ok that he sleeps so much right now?
8 ozs is ok every5 hours right?
He is 6 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He could be catching up on sleep he missed out on when he was sick. He could also be going through a growth spurt, which requires extra sleep (growing is hard work!). If he's loading up diapers, he's getting enough food. I would not worry yourself sick over it, but would call the pediatrician's office and ask about it anyways, and ask how long it should go on like this before you should actually be worried and bring him to the doctor. The fact that you are concerned shows that you are NOT a bad mom - you're a good mom because you care.
    ratviolin

Answer by ratviolin at 3:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• seems ok...babies go through periods where they sleep more--growing makes them tired---if he seems fine and continues to put on weight I wouldnt worry.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Call your pediatrician's office and ask to talk with an on-staff nurse about your question.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 3:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Don't start questions with "Am I a bad mom?" You should have asked if your child is eating enough. Or, how do you tell if your child is eating enough.

Are you looking for people to tell you that you are a good mom. What are you bad or good for? Because you are worried?

Someone could come along and say you are a bad mom because you should have breastfed and your baby may not have gotten sick. Or that you could still breastfeed.

You give enough info to know your baby is getting enough formula. There are wet diapers and stools.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• WHo says i dont breastfed?

I pump thank you very much
    WHy ASSume I formula fed?
    Anonymous