Im going on a diet and dont like vegtables except corn and lettuce, can i drink the v8 drinks in subsitute of the vegtables? And if youve ever had the drinks do they take good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• sorry i meant to say taste
    Anonymous

• i like them, I drink one a day actually. I like the hot and spicy ones.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 4:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It's better to eat veggies but the drinks are second best. I think you mean the V8-Fusion. I like the Tropical Orange.

Here is their website with more info:

http://www.v8juice.com/FAQ_V8Fusion.aspx#fusionFlavors

Good luck on your diet
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• You'd be better off forcing yourself to eat regular vegetables, those juices can have an ungodly amount of sodium and sugar in them, which will sabatoge your diet. Also, if you skip out on real veggies, you're missing the fiber, among other things, that you need.
    Anonymous

• Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors. Set a good example for your children. Have more energy and better health. Be an adult.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• V8 juice is not a good substitute for veggies. If you read the ingredients you'll see that(for the fruit juices)carrots are the only veg in it. You need more than that.

Salsa would be a better choice than V8 juice. Vegetable soup, stir fry, salads...good choices.

I'm a veggie lover so it's hard for me to understand how people can hate all vegetables.
    Anonymous

• I love V8 especially with a little vodka in it....lol Yeah it has alot of sodium in it and there is probably no substitute for the real thing. If you need fiber, you can buy fiber pills but read the directions carefully. The fiber pills will fill your tummy without the calories but buy a lot of toilet paper. The last time I read the ingredients it listed other veggies like spinach. You should be fine if you do some research....GL.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• V8 drinks are FULL OF SODIUM...if you drink too much in a day you can get sick...personally i would look into recipes online about ways to cook veggies in a cool way...do you like pizza? i've heard of people blending up broccoli and spinach in the sauce...or even doing that with pasta sauce...there is no substitute for eating veggies but it is easy to hide them...google search hiding veggies in my kids foods....there will be tons of recipes
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 2:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2009