To the Christians ... If Jesus

If Jesus had a family, would it change your beliefs? If so, in what way? I don't want to hear what your Preacher says on the topic or what the Bible says. I want to know YOUR opinion.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 4:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't think it would. He was still who He was, He still did what He did for us, so I don't think it would change very much at all for me.
    Anonymous

• many of the prophets had families of their own.
    Anonymous

• Jesus did have a family. He had a mother(Mary), a Father(God), a step-father(Joseph), and half brothers and sisters.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• NannyB. I believe this question is reffering to the possibility that Jesus had a wife and children of His own. And, BTW, not everybody agrees with you that he had half brothers and sisters.
    Anonymous

• No it wouldn't change my beliefs.

I think of it this way...I am my dad's daughter, and since I've grown up and had a family of my own...I'm STILL my dad's daughter.

I don't believe that having a family would change whether or not Jesus was the son of God.
    Anonymous

• Nanny I mean a bloodline.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It would not change my feelings for Him. He still is who he is and has done for us what only he could do.
    Anonymous

• No, not at all. Why would it? That is why I think the debate about Mary Magdalene is such a waste of time.

__but not directed at you personally___ if this were true the naysayers who proclaim there is no proof Jesus ever existed would have to at least admit he existed. I got into a debate witih a person about Jesus being married to Mary of Magdala. She insisted he was, later, she got into a debate witih a person and said there is little to no proof Jesus is real and ever walked the earth. LOL
    Anonymous

• Def wouldnt change my beleifs. As a catholic we have deacons that are allowed to marry and have kids. They are still working for God. I dont think that would change. Jesus was the son of God so really he loves him no matter what. So IF he had kids then it would be the same as you loving your father and your kids. I cant put this into words that make sense but I hope you can kinda see where Im coming from LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• it wouldnt change anything for me. being married & having kids isnt a sin. when the DaVinci Code came out it really bugged me that Christians were so worked up over the idea that Jesus had a family.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2009