What do you do when you are pregnant and dont want to be? I have no attachment to this child at all! I have 5 other kids and am almost 27 weeks prego! I feel no attachment at all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Adoption.
    Anonymous

• Look into adoption. There are a lot of people that can't have a child and would love to adopt.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Are you sure you feel nothing and it's not just that your tired, for lack of a better word? If you have 5 kids already I would imagine that you're pretty busy so maybe you just don't have as much time to stop and feel the baby and think about it as you were able to with your other pregnancies. Perhaps once you get closer to having the baby you will feel differently or after you actually have it to hold. Did you want to be pregnant this time or was it a surprise?
    Anonymous

• Id talk to your dr. Post partum depression is obv after birth but can effect you while pregant. It may not sound like it makes sense but it happens. And just because you werent depressed with the last 4 doesnt mean it cant happen. I agree with the PP in adoption if you feel this way later on. And like the other PP said it could be from lack of energy and time
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It might just be the hormones making you feel that way. My sister went through something similar. She got pregnant on accident with her third baby and didn't want it, didn't feel good about the pregnancy, was mad at getting pregnant. Then she had the baby and now that kid is her favorite. You just never know. Otherwise, you might want to look into adoption.
    Anonymous

• Give The baby up for adoption when you deliver.

Answer by louise2 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Let someone care for your baby for awhile after it's born. See if your feelings change before you make a decision as final as adoption. Make sure you get some kind of reliable birth control so this doesn't happen again. IUD?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I agree with Anon 4:44; I was very upset when I ended up pregnant with my 3rd. But once you have the baby, you may feel different. Are you still with the dad? Have you told him how you feel? Maybe he can help you through this. Maybe you should talk to your doctor?
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• you know the stress of having another kid after 5 is probably what has you feeling this way. When you see that cute little face (or not. LOLOLOL) perhaps you will jump for joy and begin to feel more at ease and connected. YOU are so blessed to be able to have children.. im working on my 4th. ..i have friends who can't have any.. wait and see. start to think positive . if you believe in God, ask him to guide you to the best of things and to fill you with great love for all 6 of your kids.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• OP, I cried for 5 months when I found out I was pregnant with number 3, add the fact that hubby was having a vasectomy in may when we found out in april I was already pregnant. I was very upset, worried about money, room, and everything that goes with it. What I can say is that I did not abort or go for adoption, after the shock wore off I did start to become excited and now almost 8 years later I do not regret anything. Your feelings may change, they may not but just keep your options open. You don't know how you will feel in a few weeks or months. PS, I was fixed before I left the hospital so no regrets there either...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2009