Ok, does anyone else find this weird and somewhat unfair?

A teen family member has been in some serious mischeif lately. She nearly got pregnant by her teen boyfriend (she's 17, he's 16) yet doesn't act sorry for it and has a consistently rotten, rebellious attitude and no respect for authority or self. Yet, her parents, who claim to detest what happened and are supposedly serious Christians who are strongly against premarital sex, bad language, etc. are continuing to allow her to flit off with him and his friends. Also she still makes out with him, sits in his lap in front of her parents and dresses immodestly. However, these same people get furious when any of us swear around them or if we play a video or somethin that has ANY bad language or nudity. I love my family, but I just find this whole thing really weird and unfair, and I'm kinda tired of them judging us for stuff and freaking out over stuff while their daughter acts like a floozy and they don't seem to care!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If they dont like what you are watching tell them to get out and deal with the problems they have at thier house.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Tell them how you feel. Be prepared to not speak to them for a while but you shouldn't have to feel like you need to walk on eggshells around anybody. So deal with it.
    Anonymous

• My ex-in-laws were like that....devout Baptists that had a conservative opinion about everything!! Yet, they allowed their teenage dtg's BF to move in with them and then screamed about finding them having sex on the couch one night......duh!!
    Some people just don't get it and unfortunately, this young child will prob become pregnant and bring yet another innocent life into the world....if this is a close family member, you might consider talking to them in private but they are her parents, and it's really their concern/responsibility.
    Tough one.....
    Anonymous

• They are in denial. They don't want to admit that their daughter is doing these things. I would either avoid being around them, or try talking to them about what she is doing. But if you talk to them, I would definitely expect them to get mad and refuse to speak to you for some time. People in denial typically don't take it well when you try to point out what they refuse to see.

As for the flipping out when you play a video or whatever, if it's your house, I'd simply tell them that if they don't like it, they are free to leave and not watch it. It's your house, you can watch whatever you want.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Its alot easier to see problems in other people and other people's children. Either they are big hypocrites or they don't want to think about there baby being a hussie. Either way I think you should bring it up both are dangerous behavior.
    Panopel

Answer by Panopel at 6:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I agree with Panopel. I consider my life is for God. The hypocrites are making a very large mistake. The're consequences for our bad judgement. If it were my daughter she wouldn't date until she learns the proper way to be treated and to treat. It surprises me she hasn't learned the proper etiquette around adults. I've also been one that if I find out my child is doing drugs she will stay home other then school. I will pick her up at school and I will sit with her in school if I must. Drugs leads to a miserable life and usually death.
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 6:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2009