trying to find a reputable daycare

Is there a way that I can find out how many children are being cared for in a licensed home daycare in CA besides getting info from daycare provider? Does the state licensing dept provide info regarding specific daycare complaints? Can I file an anonymous complaint on a particular home daycare provider? I just found out that a particular home daycare provider is emotionally and mentally abusing her own children. The cops were called out to her home due to it, but her bro is an officer and nothing was done-not even a report was filed. I wouldn't want to take my own child there..any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I wouldn't do home day care. Only because I would be afraid the provider would go apeshit and not take care of my kids or call in sick a bunch or whatnot. If you can afford it, try a center. They have multiple teachers/providers, and if someone flakes out there are others to pick up the slack. They have to be run a certain way too.

That didn't answer your question however. I don't think there is a way to find that out other than asking, but what you should do is go around and interview providers if that's what you want. And sit on it, maybe 2 weeks before committing. Drop in unexpectedly. Ask for references from the providers, from current and old clients (both are very important!)

Good luck!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2009