Is it okay to use vicks vapo steam for my 7 month old?

I know you are not supposed to use the vaporub on infants but is it okay to use the vapo steam in the vaporizer?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. You aren't supposed to use it for children less than 2.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• We used vicks baby rub on our daughter when she was younger than your kid. And we have used Vicks vapors in a humidifier in her room since she was 5 months old.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 6:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think it works wonders but now pediatricians are discouraging vicks due to increased risk of wheezing....I dunno...millions of us grew up on it just fine....
    Anonymous

• i would just get a regular steam one that doesnt use the vicks my doctor told me the same thing that it just makes them more congested idk about that but thats what he said
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't. I used it once and suddenly my son couldn't hardly breath and it sent me into an asthma attack.
    Anonymous