mindset questin

so, i know that you can convince yourself that you are pregnant to the point were your body believes its pregnant and acts like it is. my question is can u convince yourself when your pregnant that your going to have a miscarriage to the point were you cause yourself to have one?

zoeybearsmama

Asked by zoeybearsmama at 6:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I suppose the stress and kind of overall uncomfortable feeling it brings with the thought might not be the very best for the unborn child and the mother.
    I do understand that paralyzing fear that you might miscarry, especially in the first trimester when your chances are higher than the rest... but just trying to relax and focus on much more cheerier aspects definitely doesn't hurt! Just taking the necessary health precautions and keeping an eye out on your body is the best any of us can do.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I guess it's possible-just don't rely on it if that's what you are asking....
    Anonymous

• i dont think so, but if you have that mindset you will be stressed, and the baby can feel stress...not to the point of miscarriage though
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• im not relying on it im just terrified that i will, last time i found out i was pregnant i was almost past my first trimester so i didnt really worry about it alot but now i found out and im a little scared. but thanks i will try to calm down and relax.
    zoeybearsmama

Answer by zoeybearsmama at 6:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• it's normal to worry but relax....unless you have a history or your doc is worried, enjoy it! It's over so fast.....focus on your new bundle of joy to be :-)
    Anonymous

• That fear is normal (i know personally) just focus on the good stuff n leave the rest to God
    paintingmomma

Answer by paintingmomma at 7:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• thanks everyone for putting me at ease, im trying to relax, and my boyfriend has started to help me a bit with that.
    zoeybearsmama

Answer by zoeybearsmama at 8:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2009