I know us moms absolutely love a bargain and a sale but... really?

I'm listing a ton of items on Craigslist that I don't use, taking up too much room, and/or we just no longer want.
The extra pocket money is welcomed, and I definitely want to help out that other person with anything that I can do. Some I've even listed as free, just because it either takes forever to sell or I know someone out there is needing it a lot more than I do.
With that being said, there's some valuable items in there as well that I'm selling. Even then, I want to help and wrote that I am willing to accept all reasonable offers.

In what logical way is offering $25 for an item I asked $95 for reasonable? Is this just me or something?

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 6:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What was the item?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• It was a brand new 120GB Zune.
    I purchased one a few weeks ago and they wouldn't return it, and my hubby had gave me one as a present, so I kept the one as a present and trying to sell this one.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• lol...dang...95 to 25 is a big jump....i would expect someone to start negotiaions at $10 difference.
    Dazey18

Answer by Dazey18 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Some people are just that desperate...or dumb...or think you're dumb...I dislike people like that too.
    Anonymous

• If it is new in the box. You just tell the offerer "I said REASONABLE offers. Although I think you'll be lucky to get $50 out of it. People rarely want to pay what something is worth. Do you have a teen, a brother or sister or someone you can see yourself giving this to as a gift?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I hear the goodness in your heart. If you truly don't mind giving the items to less fortunate people then give it to them. I personally, if this guy is a jerk and not in need, would give the item to someone that needs it and are to shy to ask you to drop the price. You will feel great about it and you made another person feel great. If you need the money, dont take less than $50 before the end of sale...you might have a change of heart realizing everything that didn't sale is coming back in your home. Give it to the less fortunate!!!:):)
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 6:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I never put that prices are negotiable. Sometimes people email and still try to offer less and if it really is reasonable I have accepted, but I've seen too much stuff like that to do that any more. If it doesn't sell I list if for cheaper.
    Anonymous

• You also may need to take into consideration that Zunes in some peoples eyes are not as hot of a commodity. They think they can get em for a song because of the whole fiasco with them having problems resetting or whatever and overheating. Some may not view it as worth $95, ya know? And they figure it doesn't hurt to at least make an offer. It doesn't mean you have to accept it. Craigslist is the garage sale of the internet so people want/expect everything to be Really negotiable, so just tell em no and move on. GL~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 6:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• it's craigslist-what do you expect? Everyone is out there looking for bargains. If you are firm on the price, say so. I never post OBO-you will get a low-ball every time. You will still get people trying--just ignore the ones that you have no interest in responding to.
    Some good tips: always post a clear pic if you can....be clear in your description-include measurements if need be.....if you are a smoke free/pet free home add that....cash only!!! And you can decide if you want pick-up only or if you are willing to meet someone (public parking lot). I have also included "you will have to move it yourself" on any heavy items.
    Re-post every week to get back to the top of the listing and post on a fri or sat to get the most views.
    Good luck--I have had alot of success with craigslist-you just have to be persistent and patient.
    Anonymous

• I have had the same thing happen.....was selling a couch on there for $100. Guy came back and said "How about $15." I simply told him "You see the pictures of the couch and $15 is not a reasonable offer. Sorry." Some people really are in need and some are just trying to get 'something for nothing.'
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2009