How many infants die each year in auto accidents in the US?

The most recent info I could find was 2005. The article says more than 500 kids under age 3 and the info was from the CDC. Anyone know anything newer about just infants?

http://www.prohealthcare.org/wellness/health-news/children/car-seats-save-lives.aspx

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 6:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I can't find anything newer just about infants, but there are Child Fatality Review Boards in each state. If you look at a large state like CA you might be able to find some newer info. Or contact the board in your state for more recent info and ask about the US as a whole if you need the info for something.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• You know, I've never seen statistics for just infants. I work with a baby fair every year, and there are car seat technicians there, and they always talk in 0-3. Perhaps that's how data is collected?
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Too many.
    Anonymous