If something happened to you and you were rendered a "vegetable", would you want them to pull the plug?

Think real hard now.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes i would! I don't want to lay in the bed and not be able to "live" And I would want someone to have my organs if they could! All of them even skin and eyes and stuff!
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 7:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• yes....and I have a living will stating so. Everyone should have a living will to let their loved ones know just what your wishes are
    Anonymous

• i have it in my will & living will to cease all artificial life support if anything like that ever happened to me. my organs will then go for donation like my husbands did.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 7:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Absolutely. What a stress to place on your loved ones. If you have no quality of life, what is the point of living? I'm with kcriswell, donate my organs to those who need it and can live and enjoy their life.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• YES-AND DONATE MY ORGANS.. BEING A VEGETABLE LYING IN BED-IS NOT LIVING,ITS EXISITING..NOT THE SAME THING
    Anonymous

• Yes, I wouldn't want to be a burden to my family if I was braindead and there was no possibility of a recovery. This way, they wouldn't have to make that choice.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I don't think I'd want to be on life support anyways . . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Yes. I don't like vegetables, so I certainly don't want to be one.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If my brain activity was completely dead, then I would not want to be kept on artificial life support. I would want the doctor's to give my family the choice to stay to see me pass on into death or to leave and not watch. Whatever makes them comfortable at that point is the most important.
    I've considered donating my body as a cadaver to medical school or to a "body farm," but with my family to consider, I think it would be better for the doctors to take what organs they can for people who are waiting for transplants, and let my family bury me and put me to rest.
    This way, they will have a place to come visit me - in their minds, at least - and grieve naturally.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Yes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2009