Where can I find information on Lillith, Adam's "first wife"?

I'm looking for a book or even a web site that has a good amount of information on Lillith, and other biblical stories that aren't in the bible.

Anyone know?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well the most familarl legends of Lillith come from a mideval document called "The Alphabet of Ben Sira".  The article "What's the story on Lilith, Adam's "first wife"?" is helpful to.

What do you mean by "biblical stories" not found in the bible?  What makes a story biblical is that it is in the bible.  Do you mean ancient legends from any religion?  Jewish texts? Early Christian writings?

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 7:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Good luck with that!
    Anonymous

• I would google non biblical legends. If it is not in the bible it is not biblical so any "biblical" story you want to find is going to be IN the bible.
    Anonymous

• Here is a link

May I ask if you believe the bible to be the truth or mythology? A biblical story is in the bible that is what makes it "biblical" Your question is a little off centered. If you want to find a biblical story you look in the bible. If you want to find non biblical stories you don't look in the bible.

Anonymous

• Adjective
    S: (adj) biblical, scriptural (of or pertaining to or contained in or in accordance with the Bible) "biblical names"; "biblical Hebrew"
    S: (adj) biblical (in keeping with the nature of the Bible or its times or people) "biblical styles in writing"; "a beard of biblical proportions"; "biblical costumes"
    Anonymous

• Uh calling Lilith Adam's first wife is actaully UNbiblical. I don't care what you believe or don't believe, however, you will sound a tad more intelligent if you use the right jargon. I think what you mean to say is where can I find stories that were not included in the bible?
    Anonymous

• I used to have a whole bunch because i was VERY into Lilith for a LONG time.
    But that was many many years ago. I no longer have any of that information :( sorry.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would search the History Channel's website. They did a program on it once. Im not sure if it was specifically about Lillith or if it included other events/people.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 8:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• The article "What's the story on Lilith, Adam's "first wife"?" is helpful to.
    __

thanks for this article, it was great and answered a lot of questions I have asked. I know you weren't sending it to me but I did enjoy it and it did clamp my beliefs on Lilith.
    Anonymous

• did you try hebrew fictional stories.? Adam's mythological first wife
    http://paracleteforum.org/archive/email/history/lilith/dialogue.html
    Anonymous